2024年4月29日 星期一

To Dance a Partner


Being a lead is a proud thing. I love to be the lead in a partner dance 

But there is presumption- there is connection between the two. As we all know, Two to Tango is wonderful but it could easily turn out to be Two to Tangle, which is really not nice.  

Experienced dancers already develop their won habit. They may also have their own preferred dance partners. When they get used to particular lead, it could be hard for them to adapt to another lead. This is especially true for competition dancers. Same applies to performance dancers. 

Before they are led, they are already moving themselves. It is too hard for their leads to lead them. In fact, in most cases, they and their leads are dancing their own part individually- it makes them like they are dancing as partners. 

This is good for competition dancers / performance dancers. In fact, it is necessary. Whatever happens, the shiw must go on.

However it is not good for social dancing 😅. 

Even I write choreos and I teach routines, I still feel nice to be a lead (It doesn't mean I don't like to be a follow 😄).

++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Follow me for more updates on: