2015年5月11日 星期一

Kandykane's Dance Movie Reviews


**Before clicking on the titles to see the REVIEWS, please be sure that these are absolutely my PERSONAL OWN OPINIONS. As a huge fan of International Style (but a teacher for both American & International Styles), I do have my PERSONAL BIAS, some kinds of Rhythms (like Lindy Hop) and popular dances (like Street) are not my types. I can dance them I can teach them, but they are not necessarily my top favourites. There are some great street dance movie I like e.g. 1984's Breakin, but the latest Step Up All In is absolutely a thumb down.  

Title
Year
Kandykane's Remarks

2014
good commercial 'show', but I can't see it a 'dance'




2014
an ordinary man's simple story, surprisingly endearing
2013
like the Rooftoppers' passion, but not much story told throughout the movie
2013
Derek Hough promises good dancing
2012
tattered and torn is not so Latin to me, feels like gypsy
2012
personally a thumb down, dancing as an art form shouldn't become a public disturbance, for whatever reasons.
2011
great dancer's last day, documentary,
2010
done with interest, nice to see passion and learn that there is only one floor and a crowd of audience.
2010
maybe I am archatic to believe that good dancing is about good use of body, not technology
2009
a swing movie, not catching me
2009
the Polish, love the tango very much, wrote review already. a starred movie for me
2008
confirmed that I am not the street type
2007
purely hip hop
2007
3 orphan girls grew up with talents, not even focused on the ballerina
2007
fairy tale to encourage the tired, sweet but the success of a belly dancer is certainly not that easy
2006
more about life than dancing
2006
what can I say? Simply gorgeous
2006
a ballet hip hop fusion
2006
continuation of Sara's life, all crap, ballet was ok but hip hop was weird.
2006
natural tap dancer Mumble saves the ice, with his amazing tapping feet!
2005
documentary shows us that sincere basic step is watchable, and a loving teacher with a heart can make magic
2004
romantic story and good songs- represent Cuba, el beso del final, satelite
2004
spoiler, but cheering routine is great
2003
hip hop girl choreographer saves the street kids
2002
It's hell to see people ignore justice but just want fame. But dance has been so nice, esp All that Jazz & Roxie
2001
her intention of dancing somehow echoed mine
2001
a ballet hip hop fusion, both are not my favourite. Simple story of working hard and get what you deserve.
2001
dancer's non-dancing life
2000
ballet learners work for their life goal
2000
a boy overcame the embarrassment of loving ballet and succeed at last
1999
loose story, details are lacked, but dances are good.
1998
done together with Shall we dance, love it.
1996
better than the US remake
1992
this is why I love Paso Doble
1990
interested since the princess was so sexy, but that's all
1990
expected to have something like the GTO version of take the lead
1990
Tango tangled with the twisted personalities in the dark & corrupted Argentine part of history
1988
good music, good dancing but bad acting
1987
because of another dancer's frequent mentioning. Not my style.
1984
recorded at the time when street just emerged, inspirational moves even it's a 30 years old film
1966
reviewed, a sweet Scottish fable
1941
Can't say I like Lindy Hop, but yes it's popular
1935
as a fan of today's international style, not much charm to me. But can see why it banged back in 1900s
1934
really a nice dance film at the black and white time, resembles some old-fashioned dance style

...............................................................................................................

Follow me for more updates on:

facebook.com/KandykaneDance