2017年7月3日 星期一

When dancing become a source of income


Kandykane dancing
Ever since I stepped into the world of dancing, I know my faith- I love dancing. A simple fact that every one knows, and you can see that I have teaching certificates of 20+ dance genres; however it is not true that I love all the dances. What is true is that I love some dances MUCH more than the others.

As a dance newbie, I could choose which dance(s) I am going to devote my time and passion to.

As a dance learner, I could absolutely understand and okay with not everyone loves the same thing as me, so I skipped the classes when I know the instructor was not going to teach Rumba or Paso Doble;

As a dance competition frantic, I started to have limited choices. You see, they always tie the Rumba and Cha Cha Cha together, or Walt and Tango, or Rumba, Cha Cha Cha and Jive, or blah blah blah, they just have a package and surely you are not going to have your own choice.

As a dance performer, I was quite okay to be given a piece of dance that was not my favourite genre, what I needed to do is to pick it up fast and let muscle memory work the magic. Then I got paid.

As a dance teacher, I have to devise routines for the dances I like or dislike, plus demonstrating them rather enthusiastically, with great confidence, even though I have just 'choreographed' it in a hush (come on, I have a really tight schedule!) and not quite familiar with them.

As an experienced dance performer and teacher, I suddenly have my choices back! Since I can choose my favourite dances to teach when my student base is big enough to support my life. And a bonus comes along- a time of teaching and performing various dance styles has inspired me quite a lot and I am told that my teaching and my understanding of dancing is quite outstanding.

And that is why I am attracted to my students.

...................................................
instagram.com/kandykanedance