2023年8月21日 星期一

Is it possible to learn a 2-min dance in 4 hours?

We advertise our wedding dance courses as 'super easy' wedding dance. From past experience, a couple usually takes four to six classes to learn a 2-minute choreographed routine. 

Yes, usually, 4 hours, 2-min routine. 

Many come and register telling us that they hope to learn a simple routine for a slow song... 

(I will then think it's an easy task, until I hear...) 

...plus a fast song 

(...still sounds okay...) 

each 2 minutes 

(...I need to try my best) 

within 1.5 months 

(...Jesus I don't think it'll work!)

I really don't think it'll work! 

I can write the choreo, I can dance it myself, I can teach them within 6 classes, but the major problem here is they can't absorb.

Learning dancing is not a thing that you attend the class and you can then you can dance. 

Everyone knows that it is about muscle memory. 

One needs to keep practicing in order to make sure the dance routine can go smoothly; also musicality is another key to a perfect dance, dancers do not only practice their feet but also their ears. 

Stepping the steps on beat is not the most important, but how the moves are performed is the key! 

We can expect a couple to learn a 2-min routine in 3 sessions, leaving the 4th as a dressed rehearsal. This is plausible because the chorus choreography is also the same, so what they need to learn is verse 1, verse 2 plus a chorus, 3 sections in total. 

All basic moves, performing in different positions. So actually there are not many to learn. 

However, if one more song is added, what needed to be learned is more than a double!

But what makes this absolutely impossible is - they don’t practice between classes!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Follow me for more updates on: