2023年11月13日 星期一

The recent trend for first dance has made a challenge for coaches

There is a consensus that a first dance is a slow and romantic easy sweet dance. 

Most people think so. 

And yes, I agree so.

However, these days we have more requests about having fun, jazzy, funny, jumpy, funky dance. 

It looks like easy hip hop dance gets more popularity among wedding couples recently. 

Say for instances, I have couples asking for MJ’s Beat It or Billie Jeans, Psy’s Gangnan Style, Nark Ronson’s Uptown Funk…

I myself like ballroom dances best simply because I learnt ballroom first. It doesn’t mean that I resist learning other dance styles. In fact, I also learned Chinese dancing and jazz dancing and feel like I love them all. Love them so much that I have already qualified as Line Dance Associate.

Surely the experience as a learner can never be comparable to a professional jazz dance coach or a Chinese dance instructor. But my certificates do enrich my background and gives me more opportunities along the new dance trend. 

Knowing one and only one dance, I could not have been able to choreograph for those MJ songs. 

So you see, if I were just a certified ballroom dance instructor, I’d be washed out gradually. Ar… we can easily jump to a conclusion that, moving with time is absolutely essential.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Follow me for more updates on: