2019年7月1日 星期一

Arm Stylings in Latin Dances



I have always wanted to make notes with the arm styling, because too many people dance with stiff arms which make them very unwatchable even the footwork is fine. 



This is an arm styling Youtube video I have found which I believe would be useful for Latin Dance lovers, so I have already (highly) recommended it in classes. And based on the six arm stylings mentioned, I have derived a little routine to demonstrate how the spare arm can be flaunted in my short firm (private video with limited access). 

The mentioned stylings and a few important notes: 
1. The Carmen Miranda- hand roll, near face
2. The Teaser- point with strong focus, hit at once to have dramatic effect
3. The Siren- arms stretch out in all directions, rotate the hand turn fingers in before drawing the hand back
4. La Coquette- can be applied in every dance every step, hands on hips (can also bring the skirt in), elbow forward, chest dabbed
5. The Marilyn- touching the chest
6. The Head Stroke- stroke the head with real touching action, or it won't feel right


My Little Routine is Four 8-beat
1x8, Carmen Miranda with feet together, hands cross and then up and straight over the head
1x8, Head Stroke, from over the head and stroke across the body to waist
1x8, Siren & Marilyn, stretch hand out & rotate the hand (4 beats), hand back on chest (4 beats)
1x8, La Coquette + Teaser, drop hand on waist, and a little shoulder shimmy, point at the last 2 beats

There is a much more complicated mechanism behind the arm styling, for example, the energy flow, and I will have to make note with it later. 


...................................................
Follow me for more updates on:

KandykaneDance