2024年6月24日 星期一

Learning Dancing Online


Since COVID-19, the two concepts, work from home and flexi-work hour, have become a fashion. Whoever can resist such an enticing benefit?

Yes, I also love working from home. Mostly I need to go to different studios to teach, it is a torture walking from here to there under the hot sun. Therefore, if I could just stay at home and still keep the teaching quality that would be wonderful. 

For me, it is absolutely possible to teach online. Teaching is an offering process, all I need to do is to output. It's more like giving a lecture about what to do and how to do. Whether it is in class or online, it is pretty much indifferent.

But for a learning course, the emphasize should be put on the word 'learning'. Thus, whether learning is effective or not is the key.

A class attendant listens, watches and follows the teacher, doesn't matter if you are in class or online, this is what a class attendant does.

No one can deny that it will be definitely be much more convenient to observe learners' posture in class and by just looking at the screen.

If the teacher finds your wrongs, s/he Can rescue in person by moving your body parts. Direct bodily contact is one powerful teaching agent. 

Compare these two, giving a speech on how you should move your body and demonstrating how to move with your own body, the latter must be effective.

As a teacher, I myself can honestly say that I can't really observe learners body movements role on the mobile screen. 

In short, both teaching and learning through the internet are less effective. Therefore, I really look forward to the highly advanced futuristic technology of holography. 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Follow me for more updates on: