2015年12月21日 星期一

Start to live on Dancing (part 3)- Market Yourself as a Dance Coach

an Ad on Sharp Daily
If you are living on dancing, you need to get yourself known, but with a limited budget, how?
First of all, search for every free resource you can, and devise your marketing strategy smartly.
The first step I decided was to give a professional image for myself. I have professional qualifications, just like everyone else, so if I need to grab attention, I need to be a little different. At that time I had already been writing about dancing (for interest) for some years, so I stepped a little further and turned my blog into a real dance blog.

We have the internet nowadays, so we should make use of it. And the first that pops up in your mind, let me guess, is your Facebook. But there are always other choices, or you cn just get everything. I have Google+, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, but these are not what I want. I would like to have a real web site, but I don't have the budget, so I turned to the blog, and that become what you see today, Kandykane Dance Blog.

In fact, marketing youself as a dance coach is not that hard if you are knowledgeable in terms of dancing, the problem usually comes from budget. Luckily, there are more freebies these days. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, all the social platform, but the most I like is a real blog that I can organize contents according to topics rather than just news feed.

My basic online profile was done and then I went for free ad. There are several forums for advertising dance classes,
There are a lot more, but honestly I don't think they work. Even the paid ad (I even promoted in Wedding Fairs!!) did not seem to be very promising. I got enquiries asking about a number of dance styles in a number of places at the prime time of my schedule, and you know, only 2 people in a spot will not be economic to set a class up. I set a minimum threshold for myself: at least 5 in a spot. I accept paypal and cash, but seldom they chose paypal, and then the payment brought another problem: cash on door did not promise the minimum threshold, even you got walk-in calls, the walk-in might finally not show up. Yes, I invested quite a bit on these courses. After numerous time of trials and errors, I figured out that ESD Wedding and Babykingdom had been quite okay, and I decided to keep these two only.

I believe that the essential point that makes my ads on ESD Wedding and Babykingdom successful could be my DanceBlog and Dance-holic Weekly. I think the learning notes on DanceBlog gave them a nudge in deciding which dance company to choose, after all, those notes are really useful for learners.

part 1- The Key is Versatility
part 2- Strive Hard
part 3- Market Yourself as a Dance Coach

...................................................