2018年10月22日 星期一

And so, the life of a dance teacher is not too bad


Kandykane teaching

When you become a full time dance teacher, you are not going to have spare time to practice your skills, nor you will have time to write very spectacular choreography for yourself, nor you will have time to dance anymore. That doesn't mean that I don't love dance anymore, I still enjoy dancing, and I still love dancing and enjoy doing basic steps when I lead the students doing the basics, I Love the basics more than any keen students in class, however, if I just don't dance in spare time anymore. It is just because of the fact that I so t have spare time anymore. 

Since I am no lounger a paid staff I have to work hard to keep existing students, expand existing classes, and reaching out for more opportunities, and doing all these by myself naturally leaves me no time, I don't even see my mom much even she comes to my home every week- I got back home a few hours after she leaves, and I dint see my son very often even we live under the one same roof, I got home late and need to rest enough until late morning the next day and he is already gone for school. 

This is a way that all freelancer, or self-employed dance teachers need to walk through. I don't regret choosing it, maybe it is not a very broad and easy career as the other postgraduated acquaintances, however, I am doing what I love to do, and luckily this job although not giving my an extravagant life, it paid my mortgage, and support my (and my son's) simple lifestyle. I always think that I need to be thankful for this. 



...................................................