2018年10月8日 星期一

Something to do before you write a Dance ~

Kandykane Dancing

Learning a dance- its time signature, tempo, history and etc , this is one good experience. 

Learning to dance a dance is another thing, you need to move with the music.

Learning to write a Dance to a specified piece of music for a particular dance styles is one thing, well it includes the knowledge of a dance and the music, the stage planning of a formation, and also the ability of your dancers.

And of course, learning to teach a dance is yet another thing- I can't stop feeling thankful that I studied pedagogy in one of my postgraduate programmes.  \\ (  ^¥^)//

I always feels very grateful that I get a chance to teach difference kinds of dance styles, even some are the ones I am not good at, or some could just be unknown to me. By learning continuously, I have learned more, and by writing choreography for those unfamiliar dances, I have gained even more.

I listened to the music, I arranged figures according to the changes of music, and thus I wrote the dance, then I rehearsed the dance and I tried to anticipate what difficulties would my couples encounter and then prepared a Plan B for them. All these have already filled up my time, and I have been counting beats day and night. But I have never found it annoying at all, because I love dancing too much. 



...................................................