2020年11月16日 星期一

Teaching more dances...

For a person who depends dancing for a living, nothing is impossible. I mean all kinds of dance and every dance genres are possible. 

Here is a good example- me, myself. I am a qualified professional ballroom dance instructor, which means basically I am eligible to teach 10 dances, 5 American Latin dances and 5 Modern Smooth dances. In addition, we have a norm here that a qualified social dance teacher should get a professional certificate in Country Western Line Dances. 

With these three certificates, dance coaches in Hong Kong enjoy a much wider range of choices in terms of the dance style they can teach. 

Widely known that Lines dancing started in popular pubs where limited space was allowed so the dance has little demand on space. As the history goes and variations appears when it merges with local features, it gradually evolves into something different. 

The most obvious is that the majority here don't wear denim, boots and hats. Another is that we have more arm styling. 

From my own point of view as a professional dance instructor, today our community's line dancing looks more like a jazz-Latin fusion dance, and sometimes a HipHop-jazz fusion. 

I never look down on such dances, because I find it quite fun to dance to. Of course, more importantly, a lot of clients request to learn this special kind of dancing. I actually quite welcome it (you know, client=income). 

Furthermore, I enjoy writing new choreography mixing up different kinds of dance styles. It stimulates me to think more, learn more and try more. In fact, I feel like I am improving after I started to accept teaching whatever people requested. 

I believe, dances evolve, and my understanding towards dances also evolves. 
...................................................
Follow me for more updates on:

KandykaneDance